Friday, December 25, 2015

Soggy weather and gifts

Hopefully everyone had an enjoyable Christmas. Hopefully too, wherever you are it was drier than it was here today. The good news was that it was right around 70 degrees, the bad news was it has been thunderstorming and torrential down pouring all day. And of course this has caused flooding, again. I imagine it is pretty bad all over the south right now. Here is a picture I took from the front porch (I didn't want to get drenched) after about seven hours of this soaking:
There's are normally four feet across creek now at least fifty feet across in the middle. That is a lot of water to show up in less than half a day. It will be interesting to see how much higher it is in the morning. It's suppose to continue through the night before ending sometime tomorrow. I think it's going to take a little longer for the water to go down this time.

Ok let's move on to more joyous things.

I don't usually get cards for Christmas, so I was somewhat surprised to get some this year:
That is two basketball repacks, two baseball repacks, and two blaster boxes of this year's Allen & Ginter. I have never opened up a blaster box before so I don't really know what to expect. No matter how they turn out I'm still very grateful to have received them. And here was probably the most unexpected thing of the day (except maybe for the very old Zippo):

Even though you can't tell from the scale of the picture, that is one of the 2014 Panini Golden Age jumbo box toppers. Like I said I really wasn't expecting this.

Now onto the sort of things I usually get:






I know the pictures aren't very good but it has been pretty dark all day. The package condition on all these is irrelevant since they will all be opened. Even though I'm big into action figures I only ever get them as presents these days. Although this year I have gotten about half the DC Multiverse line as I really dig these figures.

I did get few other things as well, but I figured these were the most relevant to this type of blog. Now I will look forward to seeing what everyone else got.

Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

3 comments:

  1. Those action figures are pretty cool. I used to have quite a few action figures, but they all eventually got donated or passed to my kids. I do still have a fair number of busts, statues, and vinyl display figurines. I add something new to that collection once or twice a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am on a one bust/statue per year schedule. Mostly because I'm cheap and don't want to spend a lot per item and as you would obviously know they can be on the rather pricey side.

      Delete
  2. I didn't even know there were box toppers in Golden Age. Great gifts!

    ReplyDelete