Thursday, January 5, 2017

TTM Triumph #36: Mark Price

This one's been sitting in a folder for a little while now, but that wasn't because I thought any less of this return, just an oversight on my part.

Even though I didn't get to watch him play very often, Mark Price was one of my favorite players as a youngster. I didn't exactly know why at the time, but thinking about it now, it was probably because of his slower methodical style of play... kind of a throwback to the earlier days of basketball. A lot of people seem to have forgotten just how good he was before the injuries started piling up. A four time all-star, one of only seven players to reach the 50-40-90 club (at least 50%  FG from the field, 40% from three, and 90% from the FT line in a single season), and he was always near the top of the league in assists --- Oh, and forget the two gold medals acquired from the 1983 Pan American Games and the 1994 FIBA World Championship.

I had sent the now head coach of the Charlotte 49ers both of his cards from '89 Hoops set to try and get signed. A little less than a year later they came back, one signed and one unsigned, so I'm guessing he only signs one item at a time, which is fine I will just have to try again at some later date on the other card.

As always, many thanks go out to Mr. Price.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment